Why blog?

I decided to create this blog so that I could update you and share my experiences each day. I will try my best to post at least once each day. Please comment on my posts, because I would love to hear from you! Thank you so very much for all your love and support <3


Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 1 - July 5th [Leaving Home]

I woke up this morning, packed all my bags in the car, and headed out for the Newark Airport. Thankfully, Bob was able to drive me up, because I think Sue started to cry after we said our goodbyes at the curb! (love ya Sue!) So far, smooth sailing as I make my way down to Santo Domingo. I am eagerly anticipating what God has to offer me through this trip, and the ways I will be challenged to grow!
            
                       Prayer Requests:
                                *Safe travels not only for me, but for Francisco as he drives to Santo Domingo to              
                                   pick me up and take me back to Peralta.
                                *That my nerves would be calmed and I would find comfort in GOD’S presence!
Franchellis and I in the car on the way to Peralta!

Again...

Zedekias and I in the car

2 comments:

  1. Kara, Looks like you are having fun with the kids! Keep us posted with more pictures and comments!
    Love you!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kara,
    I am excited that you are in a special place making a real difference in the lives of people that need love and support. Enjoy your time there and keep us updated on your adventure. Miss you.
    Uncle Dick

    ReplyDelete