Why blog?

I decided to create this blog so that I could update you and share my experiences each day. I will try my best to post at least once each day. Please comment on my posts, because I would love to hear from you! Thank you so very much for all your love and support <3


Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 5 - Saturday

Today when I woke up it was pouring out, which was different than usual, considering it is normally extremely hot! It was cool which was nice, and I ate breakfast inside with Sarai. She put the TV on because the lights were on, and I was amazed to see her watch an entire episode of Mickey Mouse Club House. I found this very odd considering it’s a show targeted towards children, but I guess things are just different here. She also watched Spongebob, Wizards of Waverly Place, and Madagascar, for three straight hours! I was shocked! I read and sat with her, and when the rain let up, I went over to the Pastor’s house. I played with Franchellis all morning, and went over to the school to play Hula Hoop with she and Natalie. The boys there were drying off the basketball courts the same way my dad dries the tennis courts, with a broom! Afterwards I watched Franchellis get her hair redone, quite the process! Overall, a good day : )

Prayer Requests:
*Strength to finish each day (it is becoming tiring to try and communicate all day long)
*I would not get frustrated by the language barrier

Masters of the Hula Hoop
Franchellis, showing off, of course

Genesis, Baby, and Nagelli

Drying off the courts

In between stages of getting hair done!

Side view...


2 comments:

  1. Hola Kara! Espero que pases bien tu viaje. Me das muchísimo orgullo. Que te disfrutes cada día!

    Con mucho amor,

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kara,
    Sorry for the rain today but glad it cooled things off. I am enjoying reading your blog and keeping up with your daily happenings! Hang in there with the language barrier. You will get better every day!
    De tu madre con amour!!

    ReplyDelete