Why blog?

I decided to create this blog so that I could update you and share my experiences each day. I will try my best to post at least once each day. Please comment on my posts, because I would love to hear from you! Thank you so very much for all your love and support <3


Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 6 - Sunday

The men working on the Pastor’s house are almost finished with it, which means I will be able to sleep there from now on! Very exciting! Today, I got a manicure and pedicure from Lucy and Dorca’s aunt, who paints nails for all the women in Peralta. She did an amazing job, and does it much differently than the Asians in the United States! I think it was better than any manicure or pedicure I have ever had, and it was also free! I also played some basketball today with a bunch of boys which was lots of fun. They kept calling me ‘la americana’ which I didn’t like very much. We also went to a church service at night, which wasn’t boring, just tiring to try and understand the spanish. It is very different than church I am used to, but a great place to meet more people who love the LORD. We went to the basketball games afterward which was tons of fun because the people are so into it! There are more people at these games than I expected, and they treat it like the NBA. I have a favorite team, Camboya, don’t know what it means or if that’s the correct spelling, but I can’t wait to watch the next game!


Making cement

The workers and I

The Ramirez Family, - Ezekiel and Ingrid, + Zekedias and Franchellis

Lucy and I got twin pedicures!

Coolest manicure ever!





3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are adjusting to life in Peralta! Please don't like it too much! Be patient with the Spanish, I am sure you are better than you think! Does your Spanish Bible help much? We were all so jealous here when Kyle wrote you a note in Spanish! He tried to help me but I am not much good at it. I Will try though. How is this? Com mucho amour, Mama! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara What an awesome manicure and pedicure! The price was certainly right!!! Sounds like you are having an amazing adventure and I am sure you are being such a blessing to everyone you come in contact with! You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Kyle gave us a crash course in Spanish, so here it goes. Con mucho amour, Tea "Barbie" PS Bring home lots of pictures and we will scrapbook while you are in Denver!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaa mom, its 'amor' not amour.. also, 'con', not com. But it was a good try.. Aunt barb, it's 'tia' not tea. But I am proud anyway!

    ReplyDelete